March Net Worth Update
As of March 7, 2017, here is my current net worth update. I’ve finally surpassed $50,000 saved in investment accounts (rIRA, 401K, ESPP, and brokerage account for index fund). You’ll notice that I have 4 Fidelity accounts, which can look extremely confusing. Here’s the breakdown.
1. Fidelity Investments INDIVIDUAL $0.00 – Money that gets transferred here after my ESPP (company stock) wait period is complete. None have been transferred yet!
2. Fidelity Investments $2196.76 – my ESPP account. Will be transferred to the INDIVIDUAL account once the wait period is over.
3. Fidelity Investments $1,294.23 – my stock grant from my company. There is a two year vesting period for this!
4. Fidelity Investments $25,302.38 – my 401K. I put about $1,500/mo into this account. It comes straight from my paycheck. I am looking to max it out this year and I am on track.
5. Vanguard Group – $4163.41 – My VTSMX index fund in which I just recently opened. I am looking to use this as a partial way to save money for a down payment on a house. I am in NO rush to buy a house right now and if this fund drops during the time frame of when I am ready to buy a house, then it will not be used to purchase a home. It will be a fund that I keep piling money into.
6. Vanguard Group $22,203.25 – My roth IRA. I am hoping to max this account before Fall 2017!
7. Cash $10,087.44 – I am steadily saving up money for a house down payment. Again, I am not seeking to buy a home any time soon and my main focus right now is to maximize my tIRA and 401K accounts. Any wiggle room with extra cash, I either keep it in my two savings accounts or roll it into my index fund. Simple as that.
8. Credit Card deb -$710.37 – A strong mix of groceries, eating out, haircuts, buying my WordPress domain, Amazon, and owing people food!
TOTAL…Combining cash and my investments, my current net worth stands at $64,500!
The market has been doing great so far. My rIRA and index fund combined is standing at a happy 10.4% return. Also, the little green section of the graph below indicates growth and the blue section indicates current balance. It’s pretty neat to watch that green area grow and grow! Hoping the market will continue to ride strong for this year.
Additionally, for the remainder of this month, I will be closely monitoring my expenses especially in grocery, eating out, and shopping. Since I moved closer to the city, I’ve been able to decrease transportation and rent costs. However, I will also be going to Mexico next week and I am planning on spending money on water tours, activities, and delicious Mexican food!
I’m excited this month for my first big international trip. I’m happy about the market performance. I’m happy about my net worth. And I hope you’ve had a great time reading this!